Tips for nailing that audition
13 Feb 17
By Richard Laidlaw
Tips for nailing an audition
- Prepare your script. Know it inside out and back the front
- Wear appropriate clothing, style hair and make up to suite the role. Ask your agent for advice if you have any doubt.
- Plan to arrive 20 minutes before the audition to avoid any surprises, problems with parking or bathroom runs.
- Take a bottle of water with you.
- Know your measurements in case they are required on the audition form.
- Feel confident in the decisions you have made to perform the audition pieces.
- Deliver the piece as you have planned however be flexible as the casting director may have props or direction.
- Remain relaxed, conversational and have fun in the audition room. Usually the first run is the best.
- If you drop a word or line during the audition soldier on to the end.
- When you leave the room thank the casting director and leave feeling happy with the performance delivered.